Live in it.....Love it.

I believe if you are going to live in it, you should LOVE it. You should be excited to come home to it everyday and be proud to show it off. I want to inspire you to make your home what you have always dreamed of. It doesn't matter how big or small the space is, it is what you do with that space that makes all the difference. I'll show you how I make our home something that we live in....and love it and I will show you how I do that on a budget.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our Family Room Tour - Part 6 {Moldings}

We wanted something easy for the mouldings (base and crown moulding).  So I had found a great product at Lowe's.  Check out this link for all the different kinds of "Moulding Blocks" they have at Lowe's.  They have different kinds to chose from.  They even have moulding blocks for chair rail moulding.

See the corner piece right here in this picture, that made it so we didn't have to do mitered edges to all of the moulding.  Plus we liked how different it looked and gave the room a different feel.  We love how it turned out.  We bought the base moulding at Lumber Liquidators because we had a credit to use up there.  Yup that is right LL carries some mouldings.  We bought the quarter round moulding and the crown moulding at Lowe's.  We bought a contractor pack of the crown moulding, which made it cheaper.  If you like what they have in the contractor packs, it is worth buying it, depending on how much you need of course. Link to Contractor Packs.  It was worth it for this room. (25'x15')  I believe just the crown molding for this room was about $60.

So here you have the outer corner.

The inner corner.

Here is the crown moulding & the moulding blocks.  Where we had long runs of crown moulding, we put one of the moulding blocks in the middle and continued the crown moulding on the other side.  This way you don't have to worry about hidding seams in the moulding.  We loved it. All you need to do after the moulding and the blocks are up is use paintable caulk in between to fill in any cracks.

Here is the middle moulding block.

Here is the inner corner moulding block.
Then we did some window moulding.  There are two windows in this room.


And here are the new shades we bought for the room.  They are bamboo.  We purchased them from YourBlinds.com.  You can get free samples from their site.  They are about 4" x 4" for the sample, but you get to see the correct color of the material.  Plus you also get to see how see through the material is or not.  We added on a backing material, so you couldn't see through these blinds at night time.  Plus it helps when it's really sunny and we want to watch TV.  You can check out my other post here to see my kitchen shade.



You can follow the rest of the project here:  Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5.

I will have to take a close up of the shades when I do my final reveal of the room, so you can see the detail. Sorry I don't have any now.

Note - I was not compensated in any way for this post. I just wanted to share my experience.

Thanks for stopping by.  Stay tuned for more of the finishing details in the room.  We are really close to the final reveal of the room.  I can't wait to show you the whole room once it was put together.

I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a message.  Have a great day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...