Live in it.....Love it.

I believe if you are going to live in it, you should LOVE it. You should be excited to come home to it everyday and be proud to show it off. I want to inspire you to make your home what you have always dreamed of. It doesn't matter how big or small the space is, it is what you do with that space that makes all the difference. I'll show you how I make our home something that we live in....and love it and I will show you how I do that on a budget.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

House Tour - Our Dining Room

Come in and take a tour of our Dining Room.  Let's see how it evolved.

This is how the Dining Room looked when we looked at the house.  These were the MLS pictures of the house.


Yup vinyl flooring and it was over ceramic tiles.  Don't ask, we don't know why. Then there were hardwoods in the Living Room as you can see from the picture above in the lower part of the picture.

Then we started our construction.  So all the flooring came up and we layed all new hardwood floors throughout the Dining Room, Kitchen & Living Room.

Boy did I want a window in our Dining Room, but that was not going to happen.  We do have sliding glass doors that go out into our sunroom, but I wanted a window on the other large wall.  Well if you can not have a window, then the next best thing is a mirror.

This was the wall that I wanted a window on.  See how plain and boring it is?  There are cathedral ceilings in the Dining Room & Kitchen only.


I found mirrors on Ballard Designs that I really liked, but I didn't want to pay the price.  They were $199 for two of almost-the-same-exact mirror that I found a lot cheaper. Ballard Designs mirror.

Well I found this mirror instead at Bed Bath & Beyond {3.5 years ago} for only $70 each, plus four 20% off coupons. So I got all four for $225.  Nice save!!!  But I did not like the color of them at all.  We were able to take the mirror apart and paint each piece separately.

Here they are all painted out in a nice dark chocolate "Bitter Chocolate" from Behr.  Great name for this paint color, because it really does look like chocolate.  Yummy!!!  So what do you guys think of the mirrors?

Here are the mirrors right after we hung them up.  We also put up a pair of sconces next to the mirrors and some wrought iron plaques on each side of the sliding glass doors.

Here are the details all finished in the room.




So what do you think of our Dining Room?  Do you like our new window mirrors?
Thanks for stopping by.  I would love to hear from you, so please leave a message.

12 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! I LOVE your mirrors! They turned out absolutely beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ashley. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not sure i'd have imagined the beautiful "after" hiding in the mirror's awful "before", that gold paint color was dreadful! nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carole. I always try to look at something and say "it's the style I was looking for, but not the color. what color paint could I use to make you pretty?" That gold paint was dreadful. {teehee} Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful "fix" for the wall. I love the mirrors and your dining room table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ethnic Girl Fun. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job, they look wonderful with your table!!! Gotta love those Bed Bath and Beyond coupons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Noelle! I love those coupons very much. ;) Thanks for stopping by Noelle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out simply beautiful! Even better than Ballards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you soooo much Alicia....I'm blushing!!! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, I love those! I had no idea that they had knock offs right within arms reach. They also look better with the paint color that you chosen because they tie in with your dining room set. And I also like the colors in your table runner, great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...