Live in it.....Love it.

I believe if you are going to live in it, you should LOVE it. You should be excited to come home to it everyday and be proud to show it off. I want to inspire you to make your home what you have always dreamed of. It doesn't matter how big or small the space is, it is what you do with that space that makes all the difference. I'll show you how I make our home something that we live in....and love it and I will show you how I do that on a budget.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Family Room Tour - THE BIG REVEAL

I'm so excited to share this room with all of you.  It took a year to do this room from start to finish.  It was the largest & longest project we had ever worked on in our lives.  It was awesome to see my vision for this room turn from inspiration on the computer or magazines into real life.  It's a room that makes me smile every time I walk into it.  We are very proud of all of our work.  We are so glad we did it all ourselves {except for the recessed lighting & the cement work}.

Introducing our Family Room.  :)
This view is from the bottom of our stairs when you first come downstairs.  Bright and airy, just the way we wanted it.  I was going for a more modern cottage beachy look.  The accent wall represents water and the rest of the walls represent sand.  We wanted to keep most of the furnishings light, but I knew I wanted some darker pieces.  So we found a sofa that has dark leather and a medium microfiber material.  We love it.  Then we knew we needed to go with a medium tone laminate flooring.  Some of the accents in the room are oil bronzed to continue the darker accents in the room {curtain rods & sconces}.





Here is the view from the other end.

I added in green, orange & blue accents in the room in small amounts, just to bring in pops of color.

Next to the closet door is the door to our Laundry Room.

The sofa we wanted was a sectional.  All you do is pull over the large ottoman and then it's a chaise on the end or really it can be a chaise anywhere along the sofa.  But sometimes we just like to move the ottoman part aside and make it a separate piece to also sit on.  Two people can fit on that ottoman.  Bonus extra seating.  :)

Here are some of the before pictures of what is now our Family Room.  The pervious owners were using this area as 2nd bedrooms and a hallway to the Laundry Room.  It was very "make shift" to say the least.  Most of the rooms were just 2x4's with paneling over it.  No insulation between the walls either.
1st Bedroom.
2nd bedroom
When the walls came down!!!

So that is our Family Room Tour.  So I have to know....do you guys like the way the room turned out?  If you have any questions about the room, please feel free to ask me.

I will have another post about what inspired me for this room.  And you can check out the rest of this project here:  Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9.
I hope I have inspired some of you in some way.  I love to inspire others and that is why I started this blog.

Thanks for stopping by everyone!!!  I would love to hear from you, so please leave a message.  Have a great day everyone!!!








Link Parties


16 comments:

  1. Hi, Jen! I love your Family Room! The color scheme is so calming and inviting. Love the white media console!! I'm visiting from Centsational Girl's party today. Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great space. It is so light and bright. LOVE the blue accent wall. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda...thank you. Calming & inviting is what I was going for. I'm going to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann...thank you so much. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen!! I think it turned out great. Funny thing, those look like the exact two wall colors I have in my living room. Great minds think alike, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debra. Thank you so much. Great minds always think alike. ;-)
    Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so pretty!! I love how it is all very neutral and relaxing, but you added the bright pops of color! I just redid my living room recently- it was more of a mini makeover...now I'm trying to decide if I want to bring in a bright color. You living room pictures are really making me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so pretty! Love the white table! And the soothing colors!

    Xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is nice! I loved the post about your bedroom and I must say that I'm in love with this room as well. I have the similar tan color in my living room and some rusty type oranges and creams in my living room. I have been looking for ways to bring in some blues and I must say painting one of the walls in an accent color never crossed my mind. I love it though! Definitely inspiring me to finish up that room asap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it turned out great. I love the colors, especially the white dining set. *pretty* I am visiting from a bowl full of lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very tranquil, and very well put together. I love your colors.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ricki Jill, thanks for stopping over. Awwwww thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah! Awwww thank you so much. It is a very tranquil room. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty! I sure love the pops of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it at your house!I am a follower now hope you will stop by and visit my lil place and follow if you so desire.Meanwhile Im gonna browse your older post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Comeca Jones, thanks so much for stopping by. Thanks for becoming a follower too. I'm going to stop by your blog too. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...