Live in it.....Love it.

I believe if you are going to live in it, you should LOVE it. You should be excited to come home to it everyday and be proud to show it off. I want to inspire you to make your home what you have always dreamed of. It doesn't matter how big or small the space is, it is what you do with that space that makes all the difference. I'll show you how I make our home something that we live in....and love it and I will show you how I do that on a budget.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Our San Diego Vacation

First off I want to say that I'm sorry for not blogging much lately.  I haven't had a lot to talk about and I didn't want to to just talk about anything, just because.  I will hopefully be blogging more in the weeks to come.  I still love all my followers and I still want to share things with you.


I'm going to share our vacation to San Diego, California.  We went three weeks ago to San Diego for a nice 6 nights and 7 day vacation.  Hope you love the pictures we took.  These are just my favorites from our trip.  I took over 500 pictures, so I didn't think I could share all of them.  ;)
Let's start with the hotel we stayed at.  It is the Best Western Island Palms Hotel & Marina.  It's located in San Diego on Shelter Island.  Basically it is a Marina and waterfront area with a few hotels, a few marinas and even a few restaurants.

Here is a picture I grabbed from their site so you can see the area I'm talking about.  You can also walk from one end to the other on a nice large path by the water.  Even a great play area for the kids and even some beach area to hang out on.



 Here are all the pictures I took.

Isn't it goregous!!!  We really liked the hotel.  We had our own little patio area because we were on the first floor and there are balconies on the 2nd floor.




I loved this piece of art that they had in the front of the hotel.


This was our view from our patio.  The water and a pier was right across the street from our room.


View from the pool area.  It's all glass enclosed so you can see everything in the Marina and the hillside homes beyond.


We went out on the Seal Tours, which takes you around the San Diego waterfront areas and even into the water.  Land & Sea.  It's pretty cool.  So this was the view of the hotel from the water.  The bottom picture shows the hotel better then the top one.


I took some pictures when we were walking on the path by the water.  This was great to do at night time too.  Nice and cool and romantic.  You can see the whole city skyline of downtown San Diego.  dSorry I didn't get any night time shots.


Here is what the inside of our room looked like.  It was more then enough for us, but it was the smallest room in the whole hotel from what we figured out.  :(


Nice tropical bedding, awesome windows, all on a neutral back drop.


Some of the details.


California has some really pretty landscape.  Here are some of the gorgeous flowers and trees that we loved.  Some were right outside of our hotel room, some at the San Diego Zoo, some at the San Diego Botanical Gardens at Balboa Park.




This was a very cool looking tree that was at the San Diego Zoo.  I had to get a close up of it.  I pretty sure the name of this plant is:  Callistemon Subulatus.



Birds of Paradise
{Strelitzia Nicolai}



I loved this large palm trees. I just had to get a picture of them from underneath. I wish I could see these every day of my life. I need to move someplace with palm trees. These palms were right by our hotel.


This one at the San Diego Zoo.

Naked Coral Tree
{Erythrina Coralloides}

We found this crazy looking tree at the San Diego Zoo.


San Diego Zoo had some great animals. I took pictures of the ones I really loved or found interesting.






These seals were right near our hotel. You have to take the Seal Tours to see these guys up close.


We took in a seal show at SeaWorld.



Watched the Dolphins play around.

Then took in a Killer Whale show.

We went to Balboa Park one day. It wasn't the right time of the year to really be in certain place in this park because all the gardens weren't ready yet, but we saw some really beautiful sites anyway. We were told that this was one of the most photographed areas in the park. It's famous for it's Lily Pads, but they weren't growing yet when we were there. It was still a gorgeous place to take a photo. ;)


To end our vacation, we caught this sunset while we were at Seaport Village, which is Downtown San Diego.  We love this area.  Shops, restaurants and lots of walking.  Great place to go.


Well that was our vacation in San Diego.  We had a lot of great food, walked a lot and took a lot of pictures.  Sat by the pool just a little bit to relax each day, but we really love to see the sites....that was us relaxing.  ;)

Has anyone else been to San Diego?  What do you love most about the area?  Love to hear your about your vacation and would love to see your photo's.  Leave links to your pictures or blogs.  I would love to see them.
Thanks for stopping by everyone!!!  Have a great day!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...